Friday, September 22, 2006

Pictures...

Hi All,

I thought I would send an email with a few pictures (I hope) that just show some of our house and the local countryside; nothing spiritual or weighty, just something to get to know our area a little more. The weather has finally warmed up and the house is now above 70 degrees in the morning—very nice. I even wore shorts yesterday. We went on a picnic last week to a small lake about a half hour from town. It was on land owned by a forestry company I think, as there was a nursery for pine tree seedlings near by. All of the trees around here seem to have flowers and now that it is spring, they are starting to bloom. I will send more pictures of them as they progress, as some of them are very striking. I had another driving lesson the other day coming home from church. We were taking a dirt road “shortcut” to our house and I wasn’t paying particular attention, going along at about 10 mph when all of a sudden the ‘Cruiser jumped up and slammed back down, babies crying, and everyone else wondering what happened. I hadn’t been watching close enough and missed seeing the tree stump that was right on the edge of the road. The front wheel had gone up over it and then the car came down with the stump under the running board. Made a nice afternoon project for the boys and I to straighten out the kink in the running board, which was bent upwards about 6” from its original form. Good thing it was aluminum and easy to work! Hope all are well, we miss you guys.

In Christ,
Andy








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home