Monday, September 22, 2008

Medical Report from Darlene

I have been poked, prodded, scanned and scoped.  I have had blood work, treadmill tests, echocardiograms and EKGs.  The final result after all this is that I have asthma (controlled) and reflux.  The symptoms were mostly from the reflux.  Now that I am on medication, the symptoms have subsided and I am feeling much better.

The CT scans of the chest turned up a lesion on my right lower lung.  The doctors don't know what it is, so I have to return here in 2 or 3 months to confirm that it isn't cancer. That is somewhat nerve wracking, but we have no choice. Please pray that this is not cancer and for my peace of mind. 

It has been a stressful 2 weeks in Johannesburg going from doctor to doctor.  But we had a nice place to stay at Doug Tilton's apartment (PCUSA Regional Liaison for Southern Africa).  Doug is in the states for 3 weeks.  We could walk everywhere and we did.  Unlike Mzuzu, we've been relishing the joy of eating whole wheat toast, yogurt, cheese, & gelato, as well as safely drinking the tap water.

Thank you for all your prayers and support.  We look forward to going back to Mzuzu and getting back to work. 

 Long enough, God—

You've ignored me long enough.

I've looked at the back of your head long enough.

Long enough I've carried this tone of trouble,

lived with a stomach full of pain.

I've thrown myself headlong into your arms—

                I'm celebrating your rescue.

I'm singing at the top of my lungs,

                I'm so full of answered prayers.

                                (Psalm 13  The Message)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

Hi Doll,
Sorry to hear about your health problems. It seems after meds you are doing better. Marie had a spot on her lung recently and it turned out to be nothing- a calcification- whatever that is. I am sure yours will be the same.
It seems that you have your hands full with the nursery... literly..
We will rememeber you,Paul,and your nursery in our daily prayers.
Keep us posted on your health.
God bless
Love,
Jody

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home