Monday, December 25, 2006

Best Christmas Ever

Tonight, my son Matthew said, “this was the best Christmas ever.”  I asked him why and he said, “Because we actually appreciate the gifts that we get.”  Sarah then added, “Because they are rare.”  We had a very wonderful day even if we were many miles from home.  The gifts that were given were few but had meaning and there was no complaining.  We did receive a box from my sister this week that had “traditional” gifts which the kids all enjoyed.  She sent Andy a big bag of “real” coffee and I got a container of vanilla coffee mix.  Oh, the simple pleasures.  She also included a can of olives, can of pumpkin, candy canes and holiday M&M’s. Thank you Debby and Jay for making our Christmas special.

 

Our dinner was a traditional one too.  A friend brought us a ham from Lilongwe last week and you can always find potatoes and sweet potatoes at the market so those were a part of the meal.  I splurged and bought a small jar of pickles so we could have pickles and olives just like home.  To top it all off I made a cheesecake just like my mom makes and it was wonderful.  The cream cheese you get here (when you can find it) it quite a bit runnier than that in the states but again this is Malawi and we loved it. 

 

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have:

for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Heb 13:5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home