Monday, December 11, 2006

Sickness and The Trying of Your Faith

I believe that the most difficult time here is when your children become sick and you envision the need for them to visit a doctor or hospital. I have thought of taking a picture of the hospital and posting it but I still don’t believe that you would see it with the same eyes as we do. I have watched the doctors assistants take blood without wearing gloves and even get the blood on their own hands without a thought. They have taken blood from one of my babies and then had my nanny hold the hand with blood still on it and this was while they were using the blood for an HIV test. I had to tell my nanny to make sure and not let the hand touch her. The next time I take one to the doctor I will bring gloves just in case.
All this said we have had nothing but illnesses the last few weeks. About 3 weeks ago Bridget came down with chickenpox but thankfully no other babies have gotten it but we are still waiting. Matthew and Sarah have never had chickenpox and about a week later Matthew came down with what appeared to be a mild case of it. He wasn’t so lucky though as about a week later he was hit full force and his body was covered with bumps. With each new outbreak he would get a fever and on it went for several days. Last week Sarah complained of a sore throat which we quickly started treating as it can go from bad to worse with her very easily. On Saturday Kris complained of feeling poorly and then proceeded to walk into a wall and about pass out. All of this was going on while I was still going twice daily to the hospital for Samson. I must confess that I am about undone.
The good news is that Samson was released from the hospital today and is fine. The bad news is that Sarah’s tonsillitis is not getting better so I have to take her to the clinic tomorrow to see the Taiwanese doctor. This morning Matthew complained of a headache, chills and had a fever. We took him to a Malawian doctor who tested him for malaria and it came back positive. Thankfully she has the best malaria medicine available so he is taking that now. All of my fears are being materialized and I desperately need to feel the Lord is still over all this as I am definitely struggling. Please continue to pray for our family’s health and that our faith can grow in the midst of all this sickness.
Lisa

My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
James 1:2-4

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my husband Rich worked with Andy at Energy Northwest and we are friends with the Downens. We read your blog daily and want you to know we are praying for you all...

grace and blessings to you!

10:32 PM  
Blogger Langdon Family said...

Thanks very much for your prayers, they are the best help we can get!

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home