Monday, July 23, 2007

Nursery Needs

Since we are leaving in September and won’t be here to provide some of those “little” things that we use at the nursery I decided to share some specific items that we go through quite frequently at the nursery and can’t find in Malawi.  If anyone is interested in providing some of these items it would be a blessing to my caregivers and the babies.  The kinds of items we need and have a difficult time finding here are:

 

            Diaper rash cream (Desitin)

            Plastic pants or diaper wraps (size 0 to 18 months)

            Hand sanitizer in a pump bottle (we use this because we lose power and water so can’t wash hands)

            Disposable diapers

            Baby Tylenol

            Anything for preemie babies even clothing as newborns are incredibly tiny here

 

We have had great success in getting packages within a month or two but we have also had a few boxes took 9 months but that has been the exception.  I do need to mention that it is very expensive to ship a package here.  We have had things shipped that were valued at $25.00 and yet cost $75.00 to ship. 

 

Lisa

           

 

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What will happen to the nursery and the babies when you leave? I hope that you have been able to arrange good supervision, line of contact points, and a plan to continue caring for those babies in your care now.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am praying for you guys. I have cared for children with HIV since 1990 and have seen the worst of times here in the US and best of times in HIV care. I have always LOVED your blog and I sat down tonight to catch up on the last couple months and my heart just breaks- what you are seeing and experiencing will change your life forever and the lives of your kids. It seems its time to return to the US and I will be praying for your "re-entry" as that can sometimes be as hard or harder than the initial culture shock. Your family is loved by people you have never even met. I hope you continue to blog a bit when you return about how you all are and the news from your home away from home.

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home